Monday, September 15, 2008

Back to School

Today was the first day of classes at Carleton College. I taught my first Greek class since 1992 this morning. I started to prepare for Wednesday's class. I went to the college's opening convocation, featuring a terrific address by Deborah Bial, the president and founder of the Posse Foundation. Then I stuffed myself and drank beer at the president's reception. I'm too exhausted now to drive down to Faribault for Rep. Mindy Greiling's public hearing on the house education bill. It's been a full day.

2 comments:

Christopher Tassava said...

Congratulations! That's a good first day. I hope the second one is as good.

Shan said...

Sounds exciting! And tiring. I'll take an extra nap for you this week.

Public Poetry at the Northfield Public Library

In early August, the director of the Northfield Public Library, Teresa Jensen, asked me to write a poem to be displayed prominently in the...