Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Musik in the Park

Acute Achilles tendonitis in my left heel didn't keep me from riding my bike over to Spring Park this evening for a little taste of Lawrence Welk served up by the Bavarian Musikmeisters as part of the Northfield Public Library's summerlong Books and Stars program. On the way home, I stopped to smell my friend Jack's perfect roses.


Earlier in the day, I spent an hour reading under a big cottonwood tree in Southern Lakes Park in Inver Grove Heights while Will had his oboe lesson. With a cloudless sky, low humidity, and temperatures in the upper 70s, this may have been the loveliest day of the summer so far.

2 comments:

Obie Holmen said...

I saw you ride off. Our only regret was we didn't wear jackets as the breeze kept it fresh and cool.

Shan said...

It really did turn into the perfect summer day, didn't it? The girls and I had a picnic in our backyard for lunch (after Julia performed an outdoor dance recital for me as I sat on the hill as the audience) and it was just lovely.

Now Available: Domestication: Collected Poems 1996-2016.

Domestication: Collected Poems 1996-2016 . Published February 25, 2017.  Available now from Shipwreckt Books in Rushford, Minnesota, ...