Year of Reading Globally

This year I'm planning to read more books by writers who are not British or American, and more writers of color. In general I tend to read novels by British women novelists of the 20th century, so it's also a bit of a change for me to be reading more novels by men. I'll keep updating this post throughout 2017 with a list of my reading.

January

Hisham Matar, The Return (Libya, Great Britain)
Rabih Allamedine, An Unnecessary Woman (Lebanon, U.S.A.)

February

J.M. Coetzee, Waiting for the Barbarians (South Africa)
James Baldwin, Go Tell It On the Mountain (U.S.A.)

March

Robert Walser, The Walk (Switzerland). Novella. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hero Now Theatre's Production of "Oresteia" (adapted by Rob Hardy from the original by Aeschylus)

New Publication: "Bee Line: How the Honey Bee Defined the American Frontier"