Spaghetti and Meatballs

This afternoon, while I listened to the mad psychologist on NPR describe how exciting he found torturing people, I made meatballs. It was easy to do. I started with a couple of pounds of Cedar Summit ground pork that I pulled from the freezer last Thursday. I mixed together the pork, a cup of bread crumbs (from leftover pane d'olio kept in the freezer), a couple of eggs, a couple of pressed garlic cloves, and some oregano, basil, salt and pepper. After I formed the mixture into balls, I browned them in olive oil, then threw them into a big pot with a large can of crushed tomatoes, another large can of diced tomatoes, some more oregano, another pressed garlic clove, and some salt. I let this simmer for a couple of hours, then served it with spaghetti.

Comments

Jim H. said…
Rob:

Add some fennel.

Jim
Rob Hardy said…
Jim: I did think about that, but then it slipped my mind. Next time!
Shan said…
I don't even eat pork and I'm drooling over that photo.

Popular posts from this blog

Hero Now Theatre's Production of "Oresteia" (adapted by Rob Hardy from the original by Aeschylus)

New Publication: "Bee Line: How the Honey Bee Defined the American Frontier"