Winter Term

Winter term classes started at Carleton yesterday morning. I'm teaching Latin 101 five days a week this term. As usual on the first day of class, I was a little manic and the students were a little subdued. I'm hoping that, as is usually the case, we will reach a kind of equilibrium before too long. The class is fast-paced. In the first day, we covered the alphabet, pronunciation, grammatical terminology, the first and second conjugations (present, imperfect, and future), and the irregular verb to be. Fortunately, I have an excellent teaching assistant, Jenny, who can be counted on to correct my occasional mistakes and to laugh at appropriate times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hero Now Theatre's Production of "Oresteia" (adapted by Rob Hardy from the original by Aeschylus)

New Publication: "Bee Line: How the Honey Bee Defined the American Frontier"