Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Twitteresque

Lunch
Tour de Marze Brie and organic cranberry sauce on a New French Bakery ciabatta roll; an organic Abate Fetel pear. All ingredients from Just Food Co-op.

Music
Jane Monheit singing "I'm Through With Love"

Mood
Frustrated with my sustained lack of creativity. I haven't written a poem since October. I haven't written an essay in about two years. Is it because I'm shooting my wad every day on this blog? Or is it time to give up pretending to be a writer and get a real job? Or is this just a prolonged fallow period?

If I Could Be Anywhere in the World Right Now, I'd Be...
In London. Having eaten my brie and cranberry ciabatta and pear on a bench in St. James Park, I would walk to the Queen's Gallery, one of the art museums I failed to visit on my previous visits to London. As I write this, there is heavy rain in London, but in my alternate reality it is a quintessential English day of clouds and sun, with periods of rain to keep me from feeling guilty about spending time inside a museum. After I visit the museum, the weather will be fine enough for me to walk to Marylebone Station without rain falling on my bag of books from the Persephone shop on Lamb's Conduit Street.

Instead, I'm Going To...
Take a walk in the Arboretum.

No comments:

Now Available: Domestication: Collected Poems 1996-2016.

Domestication: Collected Poems 1996-2016 . Published February 25, 2017.  Available now from Shipwreckt Books in Rushford, Minnesota, ...