Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Physical Therapy

Cervical traction, similar to the treatment I received this morning.

I began physical therapy this morning with Ann at Northfield's Center for Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation. The bulk of the appointment was taken up with fifteen minutes of cervical traction, in an attempt to relieve pressure on the pinched nerve in my neck. This is the best I've felt in more than two weeks, so I'm cautiously optimistic. I have five more appointments scheduled between now and next Friday. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Jim H. said...

Rob:

Good luck with the PT!

That word traction reminds me of a phrase that Tom McGuane used often to describe one of his troubled characters: "struggling for purchase."

I've always been impressed with the folks at CSMR.

Bleeet said...

CSMR has a very good reputation in Minnesota for quality of care; at least they did several years ago when I went there for 16 weeks of therapy after knee surgery.

Christopher Tassava said...

I hope it goes well! I was glad to see the post from the Obama rally - proof that you must be at least partly on the mend.

Shan said...

This is the same treatment my friend had around Christmastime, and when I spoke to her 2-3 weeks back she was doing GREAT. Here's hoping your experience is similar!

Now Available: Aeschylus, Oresteia: An Adaptation

Now available from Hero Now Theatre: Aeschylus, Oresteia : An Adaptation by Rob Hardy . Paperback. 72pp. $16.95 In his adaptation of Aes...