Monday, December 3, 2007

Yogurt Couvade

Between 1992 and 1999, I was a full-time stay-at-home father and part-time writer. In honor of my fellow blogger Shannon, who has also made the difficult but rewarding choice to stay home with her children and write during nap times, here is a link to my essay "Yogurt Couvade," which appeared in the Summer 2004 issue of the wonderful magazine Brain, Child: The Magazine for Thinking Mothers. Shannon, I hope December goes more smoothly for you than November did, and that you enjoy the essay, and that before too long we can have you and Christopher over for dinner and finally meet in person!

2 comments:

Shan said...

Love, love, love the essay. I hope one day to be able to write as amazingly as you! I don't know how, of course; it's not as if I'm taking lessons or anything. Maybe magic? Anyway, a million thanks for your thoughtfulness and your writing. And yes, Christopher and I would love to have dinner sometime. Julia (but not Genevieve) will happily eat yogurt.

Penny said...

This made me smile. Back in about that same period that you were being a full-time at-home dad, I used to make yogurt with a yogurt-maker I bought for $4 (or something) at a garage sale. I liked that yogurt very much -- it tasted so gentle.

I know someone who at least used to regularly make ricotta using her radiators as a heat source.

Now Available: Aeschylus, Oresteia: An Adaptation

Now available from Hero Now Theatre: Aeschylus, Oresteia : An Adaptation by Rob Hardy . Paperback. 72pp. $16.95 In his adaptation of Aes...